Re: vivid Live session problems

Hi Brendan,

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Brendan Perrine <walterorlin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I found that in the vivid live session amd 64 for 0207 there were some
> problems with live session in the config and keybinding the ones for run
> dialog and menu and to lauch pcmanfm do not work and that
> .config/openbox/lubuntu-rc.xml is missing and reported in this bug here
> along with the problems of changing the title bar from lxapperance which
> also complains that the title bar is missing. as reported here
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-default-settings/+bug/1419334

This seems to be caused by the same root (pardon the pun) cause of a pair
of previously-reported bugs on the live session:

   - Lubuntu Software Center will not run on LiveCD. Root owns ~/.config so
   can't write ~/.config/lsc/LSC.ini:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-software-center/+bug/1414366
   - Xpad fails to load on Lubuntu 15.04 LiveCD because root owns
   ~/.config: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xpad/+bug/1414341

I have been trying to pin down *WHY* root owns the /home/lubuntu/.config
folder, but so far I can't figure out what is doing it.

I'm not sure how to file a bug about this directory's permissions, because
I have no idea what package is causing it.
Here's what I know so far:

   - Root is the owner of /home/lubuntu/.config and the only user with
   write permissions.
   - The only item in this folder is a 0 byte file,
   /home/lubuntu/.config/ubuntu-system-settings/wizard-has-run
   - ubuntu-system-settings is the help wizard for Ubuntu Touch. The
   ubuntu-system-settings package is NOT on the live USB, nor would there be
   any reason for it to be a part of Lubuntu at all.

My hypothesis is that something is causing root to touch
/home/lubuntu/.config/ubuntu-system-settings/wizard-has-run somehow that
creates an empty file there before the rest of the directory structure is
built. I have no idea how to try to track down what might do that. I
haven't found anything blindly looking through log files.

*Anyone on the list have any ideas?*

In any case, that permissions problem seems to be the root (whoops, same
bad pun) cause of your new bug as well as these two earlier bugs. I'll
create a bug report and file it against lubuntu-meta, because I can't
figure out what else to file it against.