Re: Vivid desktop amd64 does not boot on MacBook Pro

On 11.02.2015 18:24, Fritz Hudnut wrote:
> ... So, for the 2015210 build I did not have the same
> problem with boot from USB.

Thanks.  I still get #1415848 when booting from a USB made with "dd" on
the 2015-02-10 image:

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1415848

I'll have to try the USB creator.  A method was mentioned here as well:

> While I'm typing, I also got the PPC daily and burned it to DVD and booted
> it in my iBook G4 using "live" and also got to a clean res GUI, but after I
> opened FF and checked the Time/Date the screen froze, no mouse control.  I
> rebooted using the "live-nosplash-powerpc video=ofonly radeon.agpmode=-1"
> terms . . . and so far I've been able to use the DE with no problems.

I'll try the PPC again soon.  Last time, I also had to add "video=ofonly
radeon.agpmode=-1" not just to the installer boot process but also to
yaboot.conf after the installation.  For some reason those options did
not get added automatically during the installation.

Regards,
/Lars