Re: Lubuntu Trusty 14.04.2 and Daily - 3 packages missing?

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 08:57:58 -0800
Walter Lapchynski <wxl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > libc-dev-bin    2.19-0ubuntu6.5
> > libc6-dev:i386  2.19-0ubuntu6.5
> > linux-libc-dev:i386     3.13.0-45.75
> > where not in Lubuntu Trusty daily last time I checked. But they are in
> the Ubuntu Trusty
> > daily.
>
> it's actually much worse than that. something about the transition from
> tasks to metapackages. Adam Conrad (infinity) is taking care of it. Watch
> ubuntu-release or inquire with him about the why and how.

As mentioned in the former post, the 3 above packages aren't even in the meta-packages at
all. There were not in the 12.04 meta packages and they are not now either. So the
reference to meta packages is not appropriate, unless they are meant to be added to the
core (meta)packages.

Regards,
Mélodie

--