Re: Final 14.04.2 testing due Thursday (again)

Den 2015-02-18 07:33, Walter Lapchynski skrev:
> If you read my [earlier email][] and acted upon it, I thank you. It's
> unfortunate that the fixes that were supposedly there were not
> actually complete (even for the amd64 image that actually did pass).
> I'm sure you noticed this from all the failures. Despite this, I
> really have to applaud Adam Conrad (infinity) from the release team
> who has apparently went without sleep for a day or two now trying to
> get everything fixed. Now it should be complete for real this time.
>
> So here's what we need to do (in order, to best make use of the little
> time we have), for each of the architectures (i386, amd64, ppc):
>  1. grab the 20150218 or later ISO(s) from [the tracker][]
>  1. verify one testcase of desktop works
>  1. verify one testcase of alternate works
>  1. verify the rest of the desktop testcases
>  1. verify the rest of alternate testcases
>
> If there are any failures, please let me know immediately and move
> onto the next step. I suspect there will be issues with alternate, as
> discussed in the previous email.
>
> Desktop PPC is currently not building due to some sort of unknown
> error. I'm working feverishly to try to resolve this, but I'm not sure
> that we'll have enough time.
>
> If you're new to testing, there is plenty of information in that
> aforementioned email. Thanks again!
>
> [earlier email]:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2015-February/009319.html
> [the tracker]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/332/builds

Hi Walter,

trusty-desktop-i386.iso

works for me, even in an old computer with Pentium M.

-o-

trusty-alternate-i386.iso

does not work for me, not even in a newer computer with an Athlon
processor that can run 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.

Red screen: Installation step failed
The failing step is: Select and install software

ctrl-alt-f4:
gvfs-daemons: depends: x11-utils but it is not going to be installed
libglapi-mesa-lts-utopic: conflicts: libglapi-mesa
lubuntu-core: depends: xorg but it is not going to be installed
lubuntu-desktop: depends: x11-utils but it is not going to be installed
xserver-xorg-lts-utopic: recommends ...
	Conflicts: libgl1-mesa-glx
	Conflicts: libglapi-mesa
	Conflicts: libopenvg1-mesa
Configuring pkgsel failed with error code 1

I have reported in the qa-tracker too.