Re: Lubuntu 14.04.2 alternate.iso: No installable kernel was found in the defined APT sources

[SOLVED, see the end of this mail]

Den 2015-02-17 21:34, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Den 2015-02-17 12:07, Nio Wiklund skrev:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> [Sorry, I missed the link in the previous mail]
>>
>> I iso-tested the current Vivid mini.iso (32-bit) and found a bug.
>>
>> No installable kernel was found in the defined APT sources
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1422675
>> _____
>>
>> The minimal installer was booted with forcepae. It started nicely, but
>> got stuck when preparing to download and install the kernel.
>>
>> No installable kernel was found in the defined APT sources ... Continue
>> the installation without installing a kernel?
>>
>> I checked if this is a PAE issue ... and yes, it is.
>>
>> Forcepae makes the installer work, but later on, during installation, it
>> refuses to manage the [PAE] kernel. I tested, and it works in a computer
>> with CPU with a built-in PAE flag. And the trusty mini.iso can install
>> in the same computer, so this is a regression.
>>
>> I mark it as a critical bug, because it is critical for computers with
>> Pentium M and Celeron M computers, that have PAE capability but lack PAE
>> flag. But yes, I know, that it does not affect computers with processors
>> that display a PAE flag. I have even tested that is works for such a
>> computer.
>>
>> If you have a computer with a Pentium M or Celeron M CPU, please click
>> on 'Affects me too'!
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>

> This same problem occurs during iso-testing for the point version
> 14.04.2 LTS
>
> lubuntu-trusty-alternate-i386.iso
>
> This alternate iso file does not work in my computer with a Pentium M
> processor.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi everybody,

Chris Bainbridge solved this problem for us:

The problem is not PAE, the problem is that the kernel parameters parser
was changed as a result of the systemd debug params controversy.

You need to repeat the 'forcepae' twice in the linux kernel parameters,
before and after the -- i.e.:

        linux ... forcepae -- forcepae

Kernel patch that changed the previous behaviour was:

        commit 51e158c