Re: Congratulations for working desktop iso files of Lubuntu 14.04.2 - and future tasks

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:14 AM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> *Congratulations*
> 1 - to all Power PC users :-)

Amen. Without you guys working on testing, we would not have a PPC
release. I doubt there is any other team out there where the majority
of users are also testers. :)

> 2 - to our team leader (Walter) that managed to get a working iso file
> for PPC.

Well, I pushed hard for it, but it was ultimately Adam Conrad
(infinity) on the Release Team who did the hard work.

Don't forget all the testers who made this release a reality, not to
mention the bug triagers and developers that worked to fix bugs!

> *Future tasks*
> If we start now, we should be able to get working alternate iso files
> for the next point release.

I've already got Adam on it. This should not affect dailies, but will
affect the next point release.

> I think we also need to keep the mini.iso working for the really old
> computers, that are likely to be used with Lubuntu.

There's no plans for the Release Team to drop this. Unfortunately, I
don't find it wise to use it in lieu of alternates. Hopefully we can
get a lightweight ubiquity.

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA