Re: Lubuntu future tasks - alternatives to the alternate installer

Nio said:
> Why don't you find it wise to use mini.iso? Do you think it is too
> difficult for new users?

Yes, and it requires Internet.

> What is more difficult is finding current and
> working versions of the mini.iso

Yes, and that's a problem, too. It needs to be as easy and have the
same requirements as the alternate installer.

> 2. The One Button Installer (OBI)
> the user needs the
> internet to add application programs. Full Lubuntu systems can be
> installed with bigger tarballs from USB or DVD drives.

This goes against the goals I have in mind. It's also not very easy,
which is why it's listed under:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/AdvancedMethods

Here's more info about the idea I have:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/one-iso-to-rule-them-all1