Re: Alternate testcase changes

[posting at the end]

Den 2015-02-26 07:36, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Den 2015-02-26 02:17, Walter Lapchynski skrev:
>> We were having some trouble with LVM with the alternate installer and
>> it made me really question why we have it at all. We don't have a
>> similar testcase for desktop. Considering the little support we have
>> for alternate images among the release team, I don't really with to
>> push the envelope. That being said, I have dropped the testcase.
>>
>> My plan is to replace it with a testcase for manual partitioning to
>> match the one we have for desktop. The [merge request][1] for this is
>> up for review if you have any comments or concerns.
>>
>> If you have any questions, I'm all ears. Thanks, everyone!
>>
>> [1]: https://code.launchpad.net/~wxl/ubuntu-manual-tests/alternate-manual/+merge/251026
>>

> Hi Walter and all Lubuntu users,
>
> @ Walter: I suggest that we have at least one testcase with LVM,
> encrypted disk and encrypted home. If we cannot keep the one that exists
> now for the alternate iso, I suggest that we make one for the desktop iso.
>
> @ all other Lubuntu users: Please tell Walter what *you* think!
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again Walter,

I tested the Lubuntu Vivid beta 1 *alternate* ISO file for the testcase
with LVM encrypted disk and encrypted home. I have tested it with
several previous versions, so I know it by heart, and can run it even
when you have removed it from the iso tracker.

The computer is an hp Probook 6450b laptop with Intel i5 cpu:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02218879

There is a minor bug, that it wants to install the bootloader into the
live drive. When selecting /dev/sda manually for the bootloader, it
works :-)

The installed encrypted Lubuntu system runs beautifully in my computer
now, except that it failed to swapon (but this computer with 4 GB RAM
can manage pretty well without swap).

/dev/mapper/ubuntu--vg-swap_1 exists, but when I try to swapon it
directly, it complains: read swap header failed.

sudo swapon -a

complained that /dev/mapper/cryptswap1 does not exist.

So this is another bug, maybe not easy to squash.

I'll check, if the corresponding thing works with the Lubuntu Vivid beta
1 *desktop* ISO file