Re: Alternate testcase changes

Well, at this point it seems LVM only works if you already have LVM
set up. This seems to be problematic.

Also, it's imperative that we limit our scope in order to not get
overwhelmed. We have a small team and can only do so much. The scope I
consider appropriate includes packages we can support ourselves or
that have good support in the community. Ultimately, this does not
apply to debian-installer. However, alternate images are a necessary
evil. So then I would limit the scope to what parts of
debian-installer are relevant to the average user. Encryption arguably
is applicable, but LVM is certainly not.

That being said, I'd be happy to include optional testcases (meaning
if they fail, the release will not be delayed) for LVM and encryption,
but I would want these to be separate.

So who wants to make sure the LVM bug gets fixed and the testcases get
rewritten? That includes making sure that that equivalent testcases
are written for ubiquity (which will also be optional). If someone
wants to do the work, I'll set them up on the tracker.