Re: Fwd: Gearing up for 15.04 image testing

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 32-bit desktop images don't boot in some real computers. It has been
> reported for weeks at the qa-tracker.

You are referring to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1432843

Unfortunately, such bugs are really hard to fix when they're specific
to particular hardware because it's difficult for others without the
hardware to test. I hate to say you're on your own, but you kind of
are.

One thing that I would say is that it's essential to test every single
flavor you can. If you can confirm that the bug is universal, you'll
at least be able to get help from other teams. Of course, assuming the
bug is in Ubuntu, you'll get tons of help.

I would do like I did with the aforementioned bug and clearly outline
what is affected and what is not in the description and make the
summary as specific as possible.
--
@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA