Re: Dell Optiplex GX60 - system freezing during Software Updater run

Hi All,

On 3 August 2015 at 16:28, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The subject line pretty much says it all. I can install lubuntu 15.04 on
> the hardware but when I run Software Updater, the screen goes blank and the
> system pretty much looks like its halted.

I've done a bit of experimentation. I started Abiword then left the PC
running for just over 10 minutes. The screensaver kicked in and things
started going wrong. The problem may be a setting in Preferences -> Power
Manager. Completely disabled screen saver stuff with these settings:-
* Blank after = never
* Put to sleep after = never
* Switch off after = never

Left system for at least 12 minutes. PC kept on going with no problems.

Will reinstall lubuntu 15.04, remember to disable those settings and then
see if I can persuade Software Updater to run OK.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software