Lubuntu and Google Code-In 2015

You may have noticed that Ubuntu has been accepted as part of the [Google
Code-In][1] this year. Naturally, all teams that are part of the larger
Ubuntu project are invited to be a part of this endeavour and include tasks
of their own. I was hesitant to sign up for this or encourage anyone to do
so because I know we are a small team and limited in terms of time and
resources. However, after talking to Nicholas Skaggs today, it's clear that
what's needed is more of a liason for the team, especially given that the
larger community is there to help where needed. So, I have signed up to be
a mentor on behalf of Lubuntu.

What I ask from all of you is a list of tasks that you would like to see
accomplished. The criteria is listed in the aforementioned wiki link and
examples are provided. Please reply back with your ideas. As long as I
understand them, I'll get them listed and act as the effective mentor. If
there are needs the mentee has that are beyond my skill set, I may get in
touch and ask you questions and/or have you act as a co-mentor. Either way,
my goal will be to protect your time while ensuring quality work gets done.

I want to encourage you to think broadly. What marketing, artwork, videos,
blog posts, articles, documentation, design, bug triage, tools, bugs, and
features do we need worked on? Keep in mind work ends in January, so
targeting the 16.04 release would be a good idea.

What other questions do you have? Let me know and I'll make sure the FAQ
gets amended. Meanwhile, send ideas! I look forward to seeing big strides
in Lubuntu and the larger project this year!

P.S. I include lubuntu-qa in this email but want to remind you all that I
will be deprecating it in the near future. Please sign up for
lubuntu-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you haven't already.

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GoogleCodeIn

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike