Re: Python code reorganization

Le 13/06/2012 03:41, Julian Edwards a écrit :
> On Tuesday 12 June 2012 18:26:21 Raphaël Badin wrote:
>> Gavin and I are thinking about reorganising the python packages
>> structure a bit.  The main goal or this reorganisation to stop the
>> proliferation of python packages in src/.  Instead of having top-level
>> python packages 'maasserver', 'metadataserver', etc. we would have only
>> one top-level python package (named 'maas') which would contain
>> 'maasserver', 'metadataserver', etc. (i.e 'from metadataserver.models
>> import NodeKey' → 'from maas.metadataserver.models import NodeKey').
>> [..]
>
> A crazy idea, but did you look at renaming src/ to maas/
>
> ?

Well, that would be a possibility but I don't think it would buy us muc.

More precisely:
a) I kinda like the idea to keep the sources in a directory named src/
but maybe it's only the force of habit.
b) we still would have to perform most of the code changes needed by the
reorganisation I suggested (I'm talking about the code changes: from
metadataserver.models import NodeKey' → 'from maas.metadataserver.models
import NodeKey).
c) we still would have to rename src/maas (now maas/maas) into otherwise
we would end up with the WSGI application at an awkward place.

R.