Re: Python code reorganization

> Gavin and I are thinking about reorganising the python packages
> structure a bit.  The main goal or this reorganisation to stop the
> proliferation of python packages in src/.  Instead of having top-level
> python packages 'maasserver', 'metadataserver', etc. we would have only
> one top-level python package (named 'maas') which would contain
> 'maasserver', 'metadataserver', etc. (i.e 'from metadataserver.models
> import NodeKey' → 'from maas.metadataserver.models import NodeKey').
> [...]

I forgot to say that the goal of this email is to gather feedback about
this code reorganisation.  I think this will ease the packaging work a
bit but I'd be particularly interested to hear from the packaging guys
if they think there is any problem with the proposed reorg.

Also I should mention that we're currently trying to keep our focus on
removing Cobbler so the plan is to do this reorganisation in 2-3 weeks.

R.