Re: last few package installation bugs

Hi Julian

> 1. The /etc/bind/maas needs to be owned by the maas user so it can update the
> configs later.

Yep, I already did this but haven't committed it yet.

> 2. The /etc/bind/maas/rndc.conf.maas file needs to be mode 600 as it contains
> a key for rndc

I thought this was already done this way. i guess due to the new changes
it is not happening that way anymore. Will fix it :).

> 3. The bind server fails to restart after installation because
> /etc/bind/maas/named.conf.maas is not present.  This means that the call to
> "maas set_up_dns" must have failed.

Strange, if it failed, maybe it is an upstream issue. I'll double check.

Now, however, let me ask you something. Should this command be also run
after any upgrade? Or should this command be run only after package
installation for the first time?

> Also I think it's worth migrating the tftp files to the new location as it's
> pretty obnoxious to ask the user to download 500Mb+ again when they already
> have the files.

Well, while it might be a good idea, I think this should not be done in
packaging because this is only for upgrades from/to revisions that have
not yet been released officially. Once we do so, this scenario won't be
found as users will have to run maas-import-pxe-files to get the new pxe
files. So we would have code that will only work on upgrades for
packages that don't "exist".

What are your thoughts?

> These lines should do it:
>
> cd /var/lib