Re: Help trying to use a local mirror for installs using MAAS.

Hi Jeff,

I'm new to MAAS, and at the moment I'm on an isolated network. Is there any
> available documentation supporting the use of local mirrors for repos?
> Also, I see that MAAS seemingly has hard coded values to use for precise,
> are there any workarounds available for installing different releases?

Currently, MAAS only supports the deployment of Precise. However, I believe
the support will be added for the next MAAS release.

Now, as far as supporting a mirror, MAAS itself currently doesn't support
changing the default mirror, but should also be possible in the next MAAS
release. However, you can still do this by manually editing a file. This
file is:

/var/lib/cobbler/snippets/maas_proxy

You would have to update the obtions that look like:

d-i     mirror/country string manual
d-i     mirror/http/hostname string archive.ubuntu.com
d-i     mirror/http/directory string /ubuntu

To something like:

d-i     mirror/country string manual
d-i     mirror/http/hostname string 102.168.1.1/path/to/archive
d-i     mirror/http/directory string /ubuntu

Furthermore, MAAS has a proxy for deb mpackages. If you wish to disable it,
you could do so by removing the following line from the same file above:

d-i     mirror/http/proxy string http://@@server@@:8000/

Hope this information helps. Also note that this will be changed in the
next MAAS release as support will be added.

Cheers.