Re: Testing of precise backport

Hi Julian,

> 1. there was a question about removing maas and would I like to keep its DB

This is expected and there's no way around it. The reason is because
maas-region-controller is the package that installs the DB now. In order
for the upgrade to work, the previous 'maas' package gets removed
(conflict/replaces), in favor for the new packages, triggering the DB
removal message.

If we select to not remove the DB, the new package will use the existing
DB (without losing any data). Though, this requires user interaction of
course.

> 2. there was a pserv.yaml override question (but I had not changed it)
> 3. /etc/maas/maas_local_settings.py update removes RABBITMQ_PASSWORD
> temporarily which causes debconf override question

This is also expected. The real reason of these messages is because the
packaging (in postinst), modifies the config files. So on upgrade, the
package finds these were modified, triggering the override question.

I have raised this issue before and asked for input with no real
solution. The two options is either add '.d' support to maas, or stop
treating config files as conffiles (in terms of packaging) by either:

1. Installing in /usr/share/maas/conf and then cp to /etc/maas
2. Installing in /usr/share/maas and symlink to /etc/maas.

> I have backported to 1.3 a couple of features in the Django 1.4 package
> that we use (GenericIPAddressField and prefetch_related) and uploaded a
> new 1.3 package to the same PPA.  Andres, can you please review it?  It
> seems to work ok for me, at least.

Will do.

> We are very close to being able to SRU the quantal branch to precise.

Not yet. We still have to separate python-tx-tftp and yui3 from source
and put it in their own packages for precise. I'll talk to the
appropriate teams and make the changes to the packaging today/tomorrow.

Cheers.