Help with new custom kernel_opts

Hello,

I'm currently adding the new kernel_opts (via tags) in my custom script
and I'm running into a problem.

Sample:

passed => hostname="201101-6951"

tagged_node = Node.objects.get(hostname=hostname)
kernel_options = " ".join((
        preseed,
        boot_type,
        initrd,
        netboot,
        full_distro_path))

    # Create new Tag with contructed values
    new_item = tagged_node.tags.create(
        name=tag_name,
        definition="true",
        kernel_opts=kernel_options)

    created_tag = Tag.objects.get(name=tag_name)
    created_tag.node_set.add(tagged_node)

This seems to work well using the maas shell. However, when I run the
script I can see that it creates the tag with the correct kernel
parameters. However it does not update the node information in the UI.
The node.get_effective_kernel_paramaters() shows (None, None).

Again, If I do a simple grab of the tag that was just created via the
script I'm running:

custom_tag = maasserver.models.Tag.objects.get(name="quantal_install_opts")
then do the following
workerNode = maassserver.modes.Node.objects.get(hostname="201101-6951")
workerNode.tags.add(custom_tag)

It works fine. Is there something else that needs to be called in my
script to update node with the proper tag?

Thanks

Follow ups