extending MAASserver node schema

Hi,

I'm interested in extending MAAS node model and the associate APIs
interfaces so I can store an extra info about a node in MAAS that it's
currently do not support. It's specifically for what we need and so Tag is
not an option.

I've got some Python experience and I've been pouring over quite a bit of
MAAS, Django documentation over the weekend and I got as far as extending
the schema to allow me to store this additional field.

I'm looking to write a very simple function to update the field with some
data and another one to read it. Would someone kind enough to show me
what's the simplest way I can do this? I've look into extending the api.py
and maas-cli to allow this behavior but it's quite a bit of code to go
through and I though any help in exposing the relationships of the code or
some sample code would help tremendously.

thank,
-bn
0216331C

Follow ups