Adding a loopback IP to kernel params for each node

Hi all,

I would like to have a unique loopback IP address assigned to each of my
nodes as a kernel param during the install stage.  These addresses are
already established; I would be putting them into a database and then
linking them during the install. There are a few ways to do this, and I'm
wondering if there's any preference amongst the developers:

1. Add a column to the Node table and link this into the install template
as a {{ node.loopback_ip}}  I have made these changes locally and they work
without upsetting the surrounding code.  However, this would mean that MaaS
users who won't have a need for the loopback would be leaving this column
null.

2. Use unique tags external from the code assigned to each node with a
different kernel param for loopback IP.  This would be simple to accomplish
through the api and doesn't necessitate any changes to the code, but the
IPs themselves wouldn't have the benefit of being stored in a database.

If anyone has feedback on which of these is more in line with the direction
that MaaS should take, or other solutions to the problem, that would be
appreciated.  Eventually I'd like to be able to store much more information
about each node than currently exists in the MaaS database.

Thanks for everyone's time,
Boyang

Follow ups