Re: Adding a loopback IP to kernel params for each node

Hi Boyang!

On 10 June 2013 22:17, Boyang <boyang.niu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to have a unique loopback IP address assigned to each of my
> nodes as a kernel param during the install stage.  These addresses are
> already established; I would be putting them into a database and then
> linking them during the install.

What's the use case for these? I'm not sure I can think of any reason
why this kind of feature should be in MAAS itself, but I'm happy to be
convinced otherwise. Perhaps tell us why you need unique loopback
interfaces?

On the face of, I think this should be the responsibility of the tool
that's asking MAAS for nodes. Custom set-up instructions can be passed
from the asker through to the instance. Juju does just this; it
bundles up its instructions into a form that cloud-init can consume
and asks MAAS to pass it on. On Ubuntu Server, cloud-init always runs
at boot time.

Gavin.