Re: Opinion needed on unset power types

All,

> Pondering on what Jeff says though, should a node even get to the Ready
> state without a power type?  Any chance we can require a power type at
> the point of accepting a node?

I personally believe that not allowing a machine to get to the Ready state
without a power type is an inappropriate solution. I believe, however, that
the user should be warned that there's no power type and that whatever
stage is to be done, the node should be powered manually.

On this note, it would also be interesting to add some kind of
notification/status of the power state of the node if one set; that way, if
none set, it means that the node will not be power managed and the user
will have to do that manually.

--
Andres Rodriguez (RoAkSoAx)
Ubuntu Server Developer