DHCP lease rollover problem

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/maas/+bug/1274499

You requested this is escalated in priority, but I'm not sure what we can do
when the simple workaround is to increase your DHCP range.

It looks like it boils down to a couple of problems:

 1. more clients than available IPs
 2. BMCs that suddenly get different IPs

We cannot do anything about #1 other than perhaps warn in the UI.  #2 is
already bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1276450

I'm not sure I buy the assertion from Scott Moser that static host maps should
not overlap with dynamic ranges.  From the dhcpd.conf manual page:

"If a standard dynamic lease, as from any range statement, is marked
'reserved', then the server will only allocate this lease to the client it is
identified by (be that by client identifier or hardware address)."

There is no statement backing up the assertion, and plenty to contradict it.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,