Re: Has anyone tried to commission using a trusty image yet?

On 02/12/2014 08:03 AM, Graham Binns wrote:
On 12 February 2014 05:55, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It was about the ephemeral used for commissioning, not the distro series on
which maas is running.  Did you use trusty ephemerals?

Yarp. We had to do a little dance around to get it working:

sudo mv /var/lib/maas/ephemeral /var/lib/maas/epmeheral.release
sudo vi /etc/maas/pserv.yaml # make sure trusty is in releases
sudo maas-import-ephemerals
--products="com.ubuntu.maas.daily:ephemeral:.*"
--url="http://maas.ubuntu.com/images/ephemeral/daily/";

That we have to manually import Trusty's ephemeral images means that there is a bug: the settings page promises the user that he can use Trusty to enlist and commission images out of the box and this is untrue.

By the way, I've tested the procedure Graham described here on my microservers and it works as expected.