Re: Getting rid of bootresources.yaml (sort of)

On Tuesday 22 Apr 2014 11:42:57 Gavin Panella wrote:
> No, but Tycho does care a fig, and he's speaking for the community cloud
> installer. It needs to be able to run m-i-p-f and know that it has
> finished. There's no good way to do that right now via the API. We
> should add it, but in the meantime it would be sensible to preserve
> invocation from the command-line. Also, for better or worse, m-i-p-f
> forms part of MAAS's API, in a broad sense of the term.

I'm not suggesting that we get rid of it until there's a replacement.

I would be open to keeping it provided the settings are still in the DB (ie
make it a dedicated api script).

Ultimately, external systems should not be relying on internal scripts that
are not part of the official API surface.

> > It will need some thought, of course, of how to overcome the cumbersome
> > reference to a cluster every time you use maas-cli, unless we default to
> > kicking all clusters at the same time.  Better hope the proxy works ;)
>
> We can add an API method on nodegroups to do all.

That's already there (install_boot_images).