Re: Accidental imports of registries into maasserver

On 29 April 2014 02:06, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just reviewing a branch that was trying to import a
> provisioningserver registry directly into maasserver.  This is Obviously
> Bad™ because it should be using RPC to retrieve the items.
>
> My question is, can anyone think of an elegant way to prevent this
> import from happening in the future?

One way would be to create a custom finder/loader for sys.path_hooks
[1] that checks the stack for maasserver and rejects the import if
found.

Another would be to land my repackage branch [2] and prevent the
maas-region package from using maas-cluster. This is a big change
though, and would have lots of other side-effects.

[1] https://docs.python.org/2.7/library/sys.html#sys.path_hooks
[2] lp:~allenap/maas/repackage