Re: Merging MACAddress and Interface

There is never a case where an Interface will have multiple MAC addresses.
One interface has one MAC address. But the MAC address field cannot be
unique, this is because a bond interface can use the MAC address of one of
its parents. So it is possible for one MAC address to have multiple
interfaces but never where an interface has more than one MAC address. At
least in the MAAS model of networking, because we use the MAC address to
write the udev rules on the deployed node to make sure that the interfaces
get the desired name from MAAS.

Their are some constraints that need to be created to support this.

1. A "physical" interface and MAC address should be unique.
2. A "bond" interface MAC address either needs to be unique or be one of
its parents "the interfaces that make the bond".
3. A "vlan" or "alias" interface should never have a MAC address as this
comes from its parent.

Also making this change will require the Interface to link to a Node. Which
makes more since then the current implementation. A constraint will also
need to exist for this change where only a "physical" or "unknown"
interface should have a Node. All other interface types "bond", "vlan",
"alias" should derive their node from there parents.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx