mactel-support team mailing list archive

Re: LCD panel brightness control for MacBookPro6, 2

Hi,

Am 05.05.2010 18:38, schrieb Bernhard Froemel:
btw: I hope I included the right package maintained (bitmath.org) for
the mbp-nvidia-bl-dkms package, if not: sorry

no it's correct. thanks.

however, i'm just a bit confused:
1. are those fancy new machines MacBookPro6,x or MacBookPro7,x?
   we have forum posts stating more or less precisely both.

2. does the backlight adjustment work? i mean:
   .driver_data = (void *)&intel_chipset_data,
   i thought the new generation incorporates Nvidia chipsets.

3. did you run:
   echo <value> | sudo tee /sys/class/backlight/mbp_backlight/brightness

4. how did you get the SATA controller to work?

thanks for your help & ciao,
Mario

--
 Wo das Chaos auf die Ordnung trifft, gewinnt meist das Chaos,
 weil es besser organisiert ist.

--
   /     \  /   ____/  Mario Schwalbe

          key ID: 7DA9 DAFF
 key fingerprint: 2979 AA20 4A93 B527 90CC 45E5 4B28 511A 7DA9 DAFF