mactel-support team mailing list archive

Re: LCD panel brightness control for MacBookPro6, 2

On 05/05/2010 10:56 PM, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
Bernhard Froemel wrote:
On 05/05/2010 09:55 PM, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
Your changes are taken from the pommed git head?

No, I used the sources from the ppa repository. I can test my patch with
the git head as well, if you want.
No need, thanks, but I saw your device things in Julien's git head as well
(thats the head I was referring to).

You mean
http://git.debian.org/?p=pommed/pommed.git;a=commit;h=180d4a820a02b27222c2e2d2eac74ede52e78cdf
? That's for the MacBook6.

During my suspend/resume experiments, I noticed that pommed sometimes
(but only after the resume) stops to control the keyboard backlight:
using F5 and F6 doesn't work anymore until I restart pommed.. strange:
you dont happen to have mouseemu installed, do you?
Yes, mouseemu was installed... oh my, I guess they clash, do they? (just googled) Yes they do :) Seems to work fine now - Thanks!

Overall, I am very pleased with the current state of MBP 6,2 support: it runs stable so far, it doesn't get too hot (with lowest Nvidia Powermizer settings), battery life is bearable (about 4 hours) and the hardware is nearly completely controllable: "only" the EFI boot stuff remains and switching between Intel and Nvidia cards.

-bf