magentoerpconnect-community team mailing list archive

Differences between Magento and OpenERP amounts

Hi list,
I've recently started to evaluate and use the Magento connector. First of all,
I wanted to thank you for your work!

The thing I was most worried about was if there could be differences between
amounts in Magento and OpenERP, so I imported almost two thousand orders of a
Magento test database and I created a process that showed differences between
total amounts in Magento and OpenERP.

Unsurpisingly there were differences. The numbers were that 1.823 orders had
exactly the same total amount while 157 showed different values. (That's about
8% of the total). Of course, the problem is not with the amount of money
because there's one or two cents of difference between them, but it can be
very ugly to send a customer an invoice of 10.13 EUR while he paid 10.15 EUR.

How are you solving this problem in your current installations?

One idea would be to store the total amount (and tax amounts) in some fields
in the order and use them when the invoice is created so at least, those
values match what the customer paid.

--

Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com