magentoerpconnect-community team mailing list archive

Re: automatically cancel Magento orders in OpenERP if not paid after a give period?

Hi Raphael,
Also for me 30 days looks ok.

I look the merge for vat it's seem ok but in the futur I think we really
need to improve the managment of vat number in openerp.
Indeed if the vat number is not correct you don't have *the right* to sold
the product

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/faqvies.do#item17
=====*  Q8: Do I need to have a valid VAT identification number for my
customer before I make an intra-Community supply?**
*
*To make an intra-Community supply without charging VAT, you should ensure
that the person to whom you are supplying the goods is a taxable person in
another Member State, and that the goods in question have left, or will
leave your Member State to another MS. VAT-number should also be in the
invoice*
=====

You should check the number before selling the product it's in the law.

So there is two way to do that:

First :
- Magento check the vat number so openerp still import a correct vat number

Second :
- Magento don't check the vat number
- OpenERP automatically copy the vat number into the customer database and
check if the vat number from the European database vat number is ok and
check the flag 'vat number is ok' which is a readable field. (if the vat
number is incorrect we can also send automatically an email to the customer
to fix the problem in the cas of magento)
- After if you try to validate an order with products without vat (we also
need to configure the fiscal position) OpenERP will only validate it if the
flag 'vat number is ok' is checked.

With the second option we also check the manual order or the order which
come from an other website. But we allow to sold in magento a product with a
fake vat number.

Maybe a simple check in magento base on an algorithm and a real check in the
European DB is a good solution. I don't know if there is some good module
for magento for checking vat number

my 2 cents