magentoerpconnect-community team mailing list archive

Re: product variant multi

Sebastien,

The first step, product_variant_multi works correctly on V6, has been done one week ago. I have committed the port to v6 with the last version of v5 including all the improvements you have done recently:

revno: 5197
committer: Jordi Esteve <jesteve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
branch nick: extra-6.0
timestamp: Fri 2011-02-11 21:54:42 +0100
message:
 [FIX] product_variant_multi updated and ported form v5 to v6

Jordi

En/na sebastien beau akretion ha escrit:
Hi Bika
This feature is still not implemented on openerp V6. We are interested to develop it, but it's not so easy to do.

    * First of all the module Product_variant_multi have to check if
      it's work correctly on V6 (I made a lot of improvement some
      month ago on the v5 but I don't try the module on v6)
    * After we need to improve the magento API, in order to be able to
      create configurable product with the API.
    * And to finish (the hard part), synchronize the configurable
      product with the product_variant_multi.

We also need to make some improvement like creating a generic module which allow you to move a field from the template to the product and vice versa. So we can configure which field are commun for every variant (visibility, tax, meta information, dimension...) and which are specific to the variant (color, size...). And also maybe by default attributes have to be added on the product.template.

If you want you can take a look on this previous conversation :
https://lists.launchpad.net/magentoerpconnect-community/msg00085.html

If your customer can fund this development or if you can found various customers interested we are interested to developed it.

Best Regards

--
Jordi Esteve
Consultor Zikzakmedia SL