magentoerpconnect-community team mailing list archive

Re: Magento CE 1.5.0; Magento Enterprise 1.9+ any success?

Hi raphael

2011/3/25 Raphaël Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hello
>
> we recently made very quick tests with Magento CE 1.5.0; Magento Enterprise
> 1.9+ and it looks like we are having an issue with the PHP part of the
> connector.
>
> Indeed, basic synch button will properly import websites and storviews.
>  But partner group import or product attribute list import will not work
> with some "invalid API Path" Magento error message, like if the XML
> declaration of the extra WS API were not active for those services.
>
> Anyone has any clue about that?

I know a customer who uses enterprise with the connector succesfully. I will
check with them.

> NB1: in order to have Magentoerpconnect listed in "OpenERP Apps", we will
> need to refactor the branch file layout to nest our files in a
> "magentoerpconnect" module. Pay attention to this when updating.

I am not sure this is a good idea. This will first of all break all existing
people who are dependent on the bazaar branch to maintain their
installation. Also a nested folder does not make sense too.
I think it would be easier for OpenERP to just change their code to have an
option if the branch has nested folders or not ? atleast we did that ages
ago when we implemented the module download feature on the openlabs website.
(As usual I dont expect this to be implemented from OpenERP)

> NB2: we are probably going to implement "sale order push" very quickly,
> I've an idea how to make it work simply without any risk of bad error
> management.

This is interesting and great news. This would be really cool functionality.