magentoerpconnect-community team mailing list archive

introduction and first commit: change in the logging of method calls

Hello Team,

My name is Alexandre, I joined camptocamp last spring, and I'm starting
to work with the magento connector. I probably met some of you during
the community days in Brussels, and some of you follow me on twitter
(https://twitter.com/#!/gurneyalex).

I was being bugged by the logging of method calls for image uploads
which would display the whole image in base64 and pollute my logs, so I
committed a small fix yesterday evening (CEST) which truncates string
arguments to 128 chars.

During the process I came accross the mess of the DEBUG argument, the
DEBUG class attribute and the DEBUG global variable in magentoerpconnect
and base_external_referential. In my opinion, the situation could be
greatly simplified by getting rid of DEBUGs and self.debug and using the
logging filter at server level if one does not want to see theses log
messages.

If no one objects, I'm intend to make a merge proposal in that
direction. What is the reference branch for base_external_referential?

Thanks for your feedback

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Chef de Projet