magentoerpconnect-community team mailing list archive

Re: [Openerp-expert-framework] New connectors

On 12/17/2012 02:10 PM, Maxime Chambreuil wrote:
Hello,

I am not yet familiar with what Celery and RabbitMQ does, but in the scenario where we would use them, what would be in the openobject-extension project ? What would we put in the OpenERP connectors projects (if still necessary)?

Celery and RabbitMQ won't (I think) never be implemented in base_external_referentials (openobject-extension), I really want to avoid external dependencies. The connectors should be simple to install and configure (not the case actually).

base_external_referentials and base_sale_multichannels are actually sparsely pluggable, their 'inheritance' architecture doesn't allow much replacement of a piece a code by another. Work will be done on that too. So at end, a basic queue implementation could be replaced by any implementation which respect the same interface.

Maybe the experience will show that a queue based on PostgreSQL is sufficient for all installations and there will be no need for a more advanced queue implementation. Otherwise, ideally the installation of an additional openerp addon could replace the basic queue. (RabbitMQ supports thousands of messages per seconds, while Magento can take nearly 7 seconds to update 1 product, don't be too oversized :-)

In a general manner concerning the connectors, I started some months ago a analysis of the current state of the connectors and what could/should be done to improve the situation. It resulted in a document that you can find at link [1]. A second document [2] is a brief start of "what needs to be done" in first place.

We'll start to work on more detailed specifications in some time.

If you want to continue the discussion, I suggest to move on the magentoerpconnect list: magentoerpconnect-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I cross-post my message on the magento list so everyone on the latter will be informed about that.

(by the way, I did an utterly rough PoC of Celery / RabbitMQ in OpenERP [3])

Guewen

[1] https://gist.github.com/f4f6f01d58c232fd4a60
[2] https://gist.github.com/4c0f0597904b93b619bb
[3] https://github.com/guewen/redux