questions about Maria

Are checksums used for log pages? I did not see anything in
ma_loghandler.c for this.

Can I do a hot copy/backup of a table? That is can I copy the data and
index files while transactions may be in progress for them and then
replay log files to recover them?

I prefer a FLUSH LOGS command that is limited to Maria not all things
that might be considered a log in MySQL. Are there plans to provide
more engine specific commands?

What is the purpose of a 'Row checksum'? Comments in the code state
that this uses 1 byte and another that it uses 4 bytes. How many bytes
on disk are used?

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx