Re: XtraDB merge

Vadim Tkachenko <vadim@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We had talk with Monty and I am going to propose merge for MariaDB-MySQL
> tree with InnoDB->XtraDB replacement.
>
> Merge only related to InnoDB, no other changes in main MySQL  tree.
>
> Is that OK ? What is the best way to do that - just merge proposal ?

I think the best way is to do the merge in a local branch and then push it to
a new branch on launchpad using something like

    bzr push 'lp:~percona-dev/maria/maria-1.5-xtradb'

Then you can activate a launchpad merge request for that branch. I don't think
we have used the merge request feature for MariaDB yet, but it seems to work
well for Drizzle, so we might as well try it out.