Re: Patches to consider to include

Hi!

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:26:41PM -0700, Vadim Tkachenko wrote:
> What do you think about including  patches
> global_trx_ids, binlog event checksums and fixes to crash-proof slaves
> from https://code.launchpad.net/~jtolmer/mysql-server/global-trx-ids
> into tree ?

Speaking in general (and not about these particular patches), my personal
opinion is that right now the blocker to including patches is lack of
infrastructure to test both the patch and how it applied to maria tree.

Me and Kristian have been trying to sort this out last week - added several
buildbot slaves and a staging branch to do testing. We're not fully done
with this yet [1]. Once we've sorted this out, it will be possible to make
changes to the tree more easily.

[1]. The problem I'm looking at is that for some reason it takes unreasonable
amounts of time and bandwidth to do any operations on the staging trees. I
have no idea why, perhaps we're hitting a bug in bazaar's handling of stacked
branches. Maybe we should switch to non-stacked ones.  Once that is sorted
out, there is a mysql-test run failure I'd prefer to see fixed before we add
more changes.

BR
 Sergey
--