Re: compile issue and the -lz flag

Hi!

>>>>> "Kristian" == Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<cut>

Kristian> So the fix I suggest is to simply add --with-zlib-dir=bundled in
Kristian> BUILD/compile-pentium64-max (I already committed this change for review).

Kristian> Or even better, avoid using -all-static, which really creates more problems
Kristian> than it solves (but that also is another discussion).

The reason for -all-static are the following:

- Slightly faster binary (2-3 % last time I measured)
- The binary can be moved between different system (as long as they
  have the same architecture)
- The binary will not stop working during a system upgrade.

The above is the reason I prefer to make critical application staticly
linked.

Regards,
Monty