Re: [Merge] lp:~maria-captains/maria/maria-xtradb into lp:maria

Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Just to avoid duplicate work, let me just mention that I am now starting to
> look into this issue. I will try to find a good way to make XtraDB
> compile/work on all the platforms/compilers we want to support, and report
> back what I discover.

I got some good progress on this. I re-did the merge using the merge-into bzr
plugin (advise from bzr developers). This should allow us to merge directly
from the lp:percona-xtradb tree into lp:maria in the future.

I placed the files in storage/xtradb/ and left storage/innodb/ in place. This
should hopefully make merging from MySQL slightly easier, and seems to work
well (and it is kind of nice also).

I integrated the XtraDB testsuite into the tree so there is no need to run
setup.sh or anything. I also fixed a number of test suite failures, and even a
small bug or two.

I fixed the code to compile without GCC atomic operation
intrinsics. Performance will be worse of course, but it is good to have it at
least working. I still need to fix Maria configure.in to not disable GCC
atomics for xtradb by default.

I pushed the result so far to Launchpad:

    lp:~maria-captains/maria/mariadb-xtradb-merge2

In particular you might be interested in the changeset 2702:

    http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/mariadb-xtradb-merge2/revision/2702

Maybe you will want to merge some of that back into XtraDB?

Comments are welcome, of course. I think that after fixing GCC atomics in
configure this should be ready to push into MariaDB 5.1. Would be good to get
a review of especially the 2702 commit.