Re: Tungsten Replicator and MariaDB

Hi Robert

On 12/06/2009, at 1:45 AM, Robert Hodges wrote:
This is a heads-up that we are actively testing Tungsten Replicator against the latest MariaDB build and hope to complete initial certification this week. So far there are no problems. We are also going to add a feature to use Maria for our catalog tables instead of InnoDB. Tungsten Replicator builds are GPL V2, by the way.

This brings up a question for the Maria dev team—what are your plans, if any, for replication support in MariaDB? In particular, are there any plans that would affect binlog formats?

I'd expect the patches for binlog checksums and global transaction IDs; but you'll be adding those in for 5.4 anyway.

P.s., I don’t see a location on AskMonty.org to post builds for related products. Any hints where to go? We would like to post our open source offerings in a location that is easy for MariaDB users to find.

Files or announcements/links?
ourdelta.org could do some of it.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related technologies

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org