Re: [Merge] lp:~qu1j0t3/maria/solaris10-port into lp:maria

Hi Toby,

Toby Thain <toby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 3-Jun-09, at 12:48 PM, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Toby Thain <toby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Toby Thain has proposed merging lp:~qu1j0t3/maria/solaris10-port
>>> into lp:maria.
>>
>>> Added build scripts for 32 bit x86 architecture on Solaris.
>>> Renamed some scripts for consistency. Changed to dynamic linking
>>> of libgcc.
>> I'm basically ok with these changes.
>>
>> However, I would like you to add some explaining comments in the
>> commit
>> message about why the changes are done, especially the above regarding

> The -static-libgcc was a legacy of the original build scripts. -R
> (analogous to -L link time search path) is a Solaris mechanism to
> ensure a needed lib directory is searched at runtime.

<cut>

I'm sorry that this has been stalling.

I have now re-committed your changes with a more verbose commit message that
includes some of your explanations in the email. I have pushed the result to
lp:maria (no code changes compared to your branch).

Thanks for your efforts with this, and sorry for the delay.