Re: Sphinx Storage engine for MariaDB

Hi Sergei

On 06/08/2009, at 4:48 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
On Jul 30, Michael Widenius wrote:
I think we should compile all the plugin in (but not enable all by
default), at least for now, to make MariaDB as easy to use as
possible.

On the opposite, I think you should compile them all out.
But preinstall them, that is add necessary lines to mysql.plugin table
from mysql_install_db. The user experience will be pretty much the same
as if everything was compiled in, but one would be able to uninstall
plugins easily, if needed.

We considered this earlier.
It'd work for new installs, but not for existing ones so they'd have them all disabled until manually added.

It's fine if that's what you intended, but it's important to realise this consequence.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org