Re: Sphinx Storage engine for MariaDB

Hi, Michael!

On Jul 30, Michael Widenius wrote:

> I think we should compile all the plugin in (but not enable all by
> default), at least for now, to make MariaDB as easy to use as
> possible.

On the opposite, I think you should compile them all out.
But preinstall them, that is add necessary lines to mysql.plugin table
from mysql_install_db. The user experience will be pretty much the same
as if everything was compiled in, but one would be able to uninstall
plugins easily, if needed.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxx>