Re: Windows installer kick-off

Hi Monty, Steve

On 15/10/2009, at 1:53 AM, Michael Widenius wrote:
Steve> 4. Tell the user to reboot the computer after installation. I found sometimes after a fresh install of mysql on windows it doesnt say that but the server behaves erratic until the time one has to restart the computer.

It would be very nice to get more information about the above. I have
never seen the above problem and don't know of any reason why a reboot
would help.

Having to reboot is also a serious annoyance to people, so I'd prefer this to not be necessary.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org