Re: Windows installer kick-off

Hi Arjen, Monty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arjen Lentz" <arjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: monty@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Steve Obbayi" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>, maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:00:19 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Maria-developers] Windows installer kick-off

Hi Monty, Steve

On 15/10/2009, at 1:53 AM, Michael Widenius wrote:
> Steve> 4. Tell the user to reboot the computer after installation. I
> found sometimes after a fresh install of mysql on windows it doesnt
> say that but the server behaves erratic until the time one has to
> restart the computer.
>
> It would be very nice to get more information about the above. I have
> never seen the above problem and don't know of any reason why a reboot
> would help.

Having to reboot is also a serious annoyance to people, so I'd prefer
this to not be necessary.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org

I think if its a bug in the installer then it makes no sense to tell people to reboot.

Steve.