Re: Userstats patch applied to MariaDB 5.2

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 5:52 AM, Sergei Golubchik <sergii@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Monty!
>
> On Oct 19, Michael Widenius wrote:
>>
>> I just finished applying / modifying / rewriting the userstats patch
>> to MariaDB 5.2 and will commit this in a moment.
>
> I wonder if anybody cares to monitor mutex usage in MySQL.
>
> This patch adds few new global mutexes that are locked at least once per
> statement (or more).
>
> Without benchmark results one can only speculate whether it will affect
> users or not.

I am willing to bet that Monty's patch makes sysbench readonly much
slower with high concurrency on an 8-core server. But those problems
have been fixed in recent versions of the patch.

Is MySQL or MariaDB going to run and publish performance regression
results for each release/feature? I would love for that to happen, but
then I will have less to write about.

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx