Re: MWL#36: feedback for post-review fixes

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:42:20AM +0300, Alexi1952 wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> > Please change to use multiple-strings;
> >    "Updates to a database with a different name than the original."
> >      "Example: rewrite-db='from->to'.",
> > as that is what is done around the codebase.
>
> Just few lines above there is a sample which I followed:
>
>   {"to-last-log", 't', "Requires -R. Will not stop at the end of the \
> requested binlog but rather continue printing until the end of the last \
> binlog of the MySQL server. If you send the output to the same MySQL server, \
> that may lead to an endless loop.",
>
> So, either this does not matter or I should do similar changes everywhere
> in mysqlbinlog.cc (at least). Actually, I don't know whether it is regulated
> by coding style or some other reasons.

I see, it seems both ways are in use (I was looking mostly at the server
code), so either way is ok.

> > > +#010909  4:46:40 server id #  end_log_pos #    Start: binlog v 4, server v #.##.## created 010909  4:46:40 at startup
> > Apparently this testcase will succeed only at 4:40 on 01-Sept-2009. Please make a stable testcase.
>
> 010909  4:46:40 is the result of
>
> # Fix timestamp to avoid varying results.
> SET timestamp=1000000000;
>
> in the *.test file. This SETing is used in all mysql_test/t/mysqlbinlog_*.test files
> (to relieve regex'es of additional replacement) and I followed this pattern.

So it's repeatable. Thanks for the explanation, the test is ok then.

It seems that buildbot runs have not revealed any failures specific to this WL,
so we can mark the review as complete.

BR
 Sergey
--