Re: MWL#36: feedback for post-review fixes

Hi!

Sergey> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:42:20AM +0300, Alexi1952 wrote:
>> Hi Sergey,
>>
>> > Please change to use multiple-strings;
>> >    "Updates to a database with a different name than the original."
>> >      "Example: rewrite-db='from->to'.",
>> > as that is what is done around the codebase.
>>
>> Just few lines above there is a sample which I followed:
>>
>> {"to-last-log", 't', "Requires -R. Will not stop at the end of the \
>> requested binlog but rather continue printing until the end of the last \
>> binlog of the MySQL server. If you send the output to the same MySQL server, \
>> that may lead to an endless loop.",
>>
>> So, either this does not matter or I should do similar changes everywhere
>> in mysqlbinlog.cc (at least). Actually, I don't know whether it is regulated
>> by coding style or some other reasons.

Sergey> I see, it seems both ways are in use (I was looking mostly at the server
Sergey> code), so either way is ok.

For new stuff, we should use multiple-strings, as this is easier to
read.

We shouldn't change all old stuff, as this will make merges with the
MySQL branch harder to do.

<cut>

Regards,
Monty