Re: Additional info about engines

Hi!

19 нояб. 2009, в 02:39, Michael Widenius написал(а):
[skip]
+#ifdef MARIADB
+        /* the plugin maturity (PLUGIN_MATURITY_XXX) */
+        /* int */
+        STRUCT_FLD(maturity, PLUGIN_MATURITY_RELEASE),
+#endif
+

A little strange that you have to repeat the same thing many times.
Something for the xtradb team to fix...

It is OK. PBXT contains 2 plugins, XtraDB has even more.

<cut>

So whats left to do:
- See if Serg has a solution for keeping things compatible with old plugin
 interface.

Here is solution we discussed (in general, I hope Serg will check it in details).

- If mysqld is started with --old, don't show the two new columns in SHOW
 ENGINES. (if (!thd->variables.old_mode) ...)

SHOW ENGINE was not changed, only information schema:

+select PLUGIN_NAME, PLUGIN_MATURITY, PLUGIN_AUTH_VERSION from plugins;
+PLUGIN_NAME	PLUGIN_MATURITY	PLUGIN_AUTH_VERSION
+binlog	Release	1.0
+MyISAM	Release	1.0
+partition	Release	1.0
+ARCHIVE	Release	1.0
+BLACKHOLE	Release	1.0
+CSV	Release	1.0
+FEDERATED	Unknown	1.0
+MEMORY	Release	1.0
+MARIA	Gamma	1.5
+MRG_MYISAM	Release	1.0
+PBXT	Unknown	1.0
+PBXT_STATISTICS	Unknown	1.0
+InnoDB	Release	1.0.4-8
+INNODB_RSEG	Release	1.0
+INNODB_BUFFER_POOL_PAGES	Release	1.0
+INNODB_BUFFER_POOL_PAGES_INDEX	Release	1.0
+INNODB_BUFFER_POOL_PAGES_BLOB	Release	1.0
+INNODB_TRX	Release	1.0.4-8
+INNODB_LOCKS	Release	1.0.4-8
+INNODB_LOCK_WAITS	Release	1.0.4-8
+INNODB_CMP	Release	1.0.4-8
+INNODB_CMP_RESET	Release	1.0.4-8
+INNODB_CMPMEM	Release	1.0.4-8
+INNODB_CMPMEM_RESET	Release	1.0.4-8
+INNODB_TABLE_STATS	Release	1.0
+INNODB_INDEX_STATS	Release	1.0
+XTRADB_ENHANCEMENTS	Release	1.0.4-8

I think some maturity tags should be fixed (I did my best but do not know what authors thinks), versions could be fixed too (now just taken from plugins numeric fields)

Also I think I should add ability of detecting of MariaDB from the old patch, maybe some engines will want to put maria extensions in ifdef in case it will be built against MySQLl as static.